Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 1 in review

This is a little late but I still wanted to take the time to reflect on my first week. Most of the food was great but I did struggle some evenings as that is my usual picking time! Some nights I caved and had a little something…mostly healthy that didn’t blow out the calories too much and other nights I was strong and had a glass of water and went to bed. I need to get more of the latter happening though.

I am SORE! but I feel great if that makes any sense. I can feel that I am getting stronger and fitter already and although a lot of the time I want to sit on the couch and knit once the girls are in bed I really love how I feel when I jump on the treadmill or turn on my exercise DVD. I am discovering that I love to run on the treadmill and it burns a lot of calories too which is great.

I sold some of my yarn stash (I can hear all the knitters gasping!) to buy a Polar Heart Rate monitor and I am SO glad that I did. It really pushes me to go a bit harder and burn more calories. I am a numbers person and having them in front of me really pushes me! I am writing down my daily calories burnt too as it is encouraging to look back on the week and see all my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment